Friday, October 03, 2008

Philly Phridays #9: Morris Arboretum


Thank you very much for the well wishes last Phriday. Believe it or not, it still hurts.

In between the drinking and protesting and drinking and lobbying and drinking and drinking during next summer’s Adoptee Rights Demonstration, a good place to unwind will be at the Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania.

It’s a full day visit, and we’ll be there at a really pretty time of year. I love visiting gardens. I love visiting gardens because I can’t have one. It’s not that I don’t have the property. I do. I just kill plants. It’s horrible. I mean well, but I can never get them out of the trunk and planted. I wind up finding them a week later dead. It’s terrible, really. I'm a serial killer of plants. I blame adoption. Genetics too. If you saw my mom’s porch, you’d understand. She’s not a plant gal either.

Anyway, they do have a lovely sample of fumaria bastardii ---- however, I was extremely disappointed to learn there is no bastardia anywhere in the gardens!

Talk about discrimination.





92 acres of gardens and trails. It’s very quiet there so it will probaby be a good hangover spot.

Have a good weekend!

2 complaints from ingrates:

joy October 5, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

Yay! I love Philly Phridays, and I love aboretums, I will def. go, I once had a dream that my only reason for living was so I could see the flowers...

The Improper Adoptee October 9, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

That picture is so pretty-I love the creek-PA is beautiful-I have been there before-I could of had the plant police called on me too, Teresa, so don't feel bad :)

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP