Saturday, November 08, 2008

I am ungrateful for RegDay volunteers

I have no gratitude for the people who are giving time out of their busy lives to sit in Borders with me today.

I have no gratitude for Joan from NYAdoptees.com who gave me such incredible support and advice when I started organizing the site. I’m ungrateful for the National RegDay Coordinator Petra, who has been keeping this event alive for years.

I’m ungrateful for them all, because behind each volunteer, every RegDay, is someone who knows what it feels like to search. And searching makes me feel very, very ungrateful.

But out of everyone, I’m most ungrateful for my beautiful friend Joanie. I wish she wasn’t coming to volunteer with me today.

Joanie heard about RegDay on the radio last year, and came to the Kingston site to register with Soundex. She was signing up to find her older brother and sister lost to adoption, and she’s been searching for them since. I wish Joanie wasn’t driving 125 miles to volunteer today, because today is her sister’s birthday. I wish she was spending the day with her instead of me.

If you are a female adoptee born in Nassau County, Long Island, New York on November 8, 1963, Happy Birthday. Your younger sister would very much like to get to know you.

Same goes for a male adoptee born in Brooklyn on or about May 5, 1961.

The thought of Joanie sitting at a RegDay table,

in the very county of her sister’s birth,

on her sister’s birthday,

makes me very ungrateful indeed.







1 complaints from ingrates:

Joanie November 9, 2008 at 12:02 AM  

OMG... I've been blogged!!!! Thank you so much, Theresa, for the beautiful wishes you made for me here.. Thank you for the beautiful day we spent at Borders.. Joanie

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP