Friday, November 14, 2008

Philly Phridays #14: Macy's

Yes, Macy’s

I know what you’re saying.

WTF Theresa, what kind of crazy adoptee crap is this? I can go to Macy’s in my own state.

Listen, I know, I know. I live on Long Island, where there is a Macy’s on every street corner.

But this Macy’s is different and you want to visit it in July.

Long before it was Macy’s, it was Wanamaker’s. To many in Philly it’s still Wanamaker’s. And it’s nuts because twice a day, something so different, so odd, so beautiful, so incredibly out of the ordinary happens. Something a little like this:









You just don’t see this in your Macy’s, do you? No. Do you have the largest pipe organ in the world in your Macy’s? No. Besides the oddness of a pipe organ in the middle of a department store, you can’t image how beautiful this Macy’s is. Not even from this gorgeous picture.







Less than a five minute walk away is The Melting Pot Restaurant, which is another off the wall experience in itself. All fondue, all the time. I'm not kidding. The Melting Pot is not a Philly tradition, they've got them all over the country, but it's just so different, I wanted to throw that in. Fondue not your thing? Want something a little more alcoholic? Apothecary. Just check out the link.

So if you're sitting at home right now, bummed, saying to yourself, 'Goddamn it, why can't I go shopping, hear world class organ music and have a fondue meal all within one block?,' turn that frown upside down, and make your travel reservations for next year's Adoptee Rights Demonstration in Philly.





View Larger Map








0 complaints from ingrates:

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP