Friday, December 12, 2008

Philly Phridays #17 - The Mutter Museum

The Mutter Museum is........



Hm. How to describe?



The Mutter Museum houses one of the.....



Well, I'm not exactly sure what to write next.


The Mutter Museum, a landmark Philadelphia attraction for enthusiasts of the offbeat, is the only place in the country where you can see....

Oh the hell with it. Just watch the video. Video is semi-safe for work but definitely not mind safe.





I love this place.

Like so many of us old school adoptees, I was marketed to be the standard issue of the 'nursing student mother / medical student father' combo that was so attractively presented to circa 1960's prospective adoptive parents. I used to think of my own imaginary medical student father studying gross abnormalities with great interest. Feeling like a gross abnormality myself, I felt quite comfortable visiting.

There really is no hope for me.

But I have good company! There are 21 reviews over at TripAdvisor, and 11 reviews at CitySearch, the majority favorably rated by fans of the bizarre like yours truly.

That's all for field trip suggestions when visiting Philadelphia next year for the Adoptee Rights Demonstration.

I promise -- nothing too gross for next week's Philly Phriday.








View Larger Map

1 complaints from ingrates:

jimm December 13, 2008 at 12:15 AM  

I was wondering if you'd mention this place. I saw it on TV and thought it was absolutely fascinating.

I must be sick.

But it remains on my short list of must-sees next July.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP