Friday, December 19, 2008

Philly Phridays #18: Judy is Mean

Judy hates me.

I don’t know why. I honestly don’t know what I’ve ever done to her, to have her treat me this badly. Seriously friends, she is quite abusive. I am just about at my wit’s end with her online behavior.

First, in 2007, she gave me a Thinking Blogger Award. I am still deeply wounded by the trauma this caused me, people pleasing oh no I hope I don’t hurt anyone’s feelings by excluding them adoptee that I am. After all this time, I still wake up in a cold sweat, sitting up abruptly, as a stab of fear sets into my heart wondering --- who? who? who did I hurt, by not nominating them as a Thinking Blogger?

The trauma is horrible. I was just beginning to make slow progress, could catch a glimpse of a Thinking Blogger award on someone’s site without making a beeline under my desk, shaking, trembling –

UNTIL NOW.

Check this shit out:


4. Ungrateful Little Bastard by Theresa. It’s not just because Theresa does things like this and this — and then I bust out into tears — although those don’t hurt. It’s also because she keeps on top of adoption’s top stories and writes about them in such a succinct fashion that I’m always learning from her. OK, and she also can be funny as hell. She’s just the best; what can I say?



She thinks she can do it to me again. She thinks she can cause me more stress, more aggravation, more fear, more need to eat bag upon bag of potato chips in an attempt to self-medicate with a carbohydrate rush to the brain.

Well Mz Judy, Mz Just Enjoy Torture --- not this time. I have a secret weapon I’m pulling out. A certain Philly Phriday that I had planned to publish sometime in the early Spring, but that now I’ll reveal, now that you’ve forced my hand.

So without further ado, this week’s Philly Phriday:



Philly Phridays #18: Uber Amazing Philadelphia Blogs You Want to Read

I’m taking a break from the usual adoptee’s-eye-view of Philly tourism this week to bring you a few blogs you want to add to your reader. There are seriously hundreds of Philadelphia bloggers that are hysterical, informative, moving, fantastic, you name it, but these are some of my absolute favorites. Subscribing now will give you a daily glimpse into the awesome city we’re visiting for the Adoptee Rights Demonstration in July and the even more awesome minds that live there.

As always, in alphabetical order because I’m nothing if not obsessive, and blatantly quoting their “About” blurbs, because I’m nothing if not lazy:

Philadelphia Metblogs: Metroblogging started off as a more locally focused alternative news source in Los Angeles and has turned into the largest and fastest growing network of city-specific blogs on the Web. We got sick of reading local news that was syndicated from the other side of the country, or was just repurposed national chit chat that had nothing to do with our city. We created our first blog as a throw back to the days when a local news paper focused on local issues, and you could walk down to the corner coffee shop and chat up the reporters whose column you read earlier that day. This idea didn’t stay in one city for long and before we knew it there were Metblogs in Chicago, Portland, Karachi, and Vienna. Today there are over 50 Metblogs in countries all over the world. Local politics, event reviews, lunch recommendations and ways to avoid that big traffic jam downtown. If it’s happening in our cities, we’re on it.

Philadelphia Will Do: Philadelphia Will Do is a blog about Philadelphia and the wacky and wonderful characters who inhabit our 135-square mile city. Your guide to the funniest city on earth is Daniel Hall McQuade, a 25-year-old who has never spent more than a week outside the city borders since his birth in Fox Chase.


Philebrity: Philebrity is published several times daily during the work week, and sporadically, drunkenly on the weekends. It is a weblog that acts as a media filter and gossip/tipsheet for discerning livers of life in the Philadelphia area, but it is certainly also of interest to others.

It is our aim here to offer our readers an easy guide to navigating this city’s often murky waters. Politicians are corrupt, but funny; artists need love, but not too much; the city’s media are a curious mix of bag ladies and spoon men. Shit is weird. Philebrity wants to help you.


Philly Future: Learn about and share the diversity, history, sites, sounds, joys, concerns, and news of the Philadelphia region. Philly Future is a compendium of the best online writers, narrators, blogs, and commentators in the greater Philadelphia region. Our goal is to empower people to learn of and communicate the diversity, history, sites, sounds, joys, concerns, and news of the Philadelphia region. It's what you consider to be important and in need of being heard. It's the news YOU write, for the city and the world.


Phillyist: Phillyist is a website about Philadelphia and everything that happens in it. That means news and events, restaurants and bars, happenings and goings-on.


There are more, way, way more honestly, but these are some of my favorites.

That’s all for this week’s roundup on the wonder that is Philadelphia. C’mon back next Friday and we’ll return to touristy spots you’ll want to see next July when you head on over to the Adoptee Right’s Demonstration.




Consider yourself bested, Judy. I am impervious to you and your award-giving ways.



PS Thank you!









1 complaints from ingrates:

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP