Thursday, December 04, 2008

“You only got her because she was abandoned. And she knows that, at a younger age than you could ever imagine….”



Adopted - The Movie went on sale today.






Although I grimaced at the price tag, I purchased a copy and hope that initial sales of this film are positive. This film has been a long time in the making, and I’ve been keeping an eye out since last spring.

I’ve read some criticisms of this film, mostly directed at the trailer. While on first glance I can understand; I think there’s much more here than meets the eye. I could be wrong (I often am!), but to me the sequence of the trailer feels a lot like adoption. It appears all glee at the onset, but not so many squeals of happiness once you look past the packaging. In addition to the discussion on adoption, I’m also very interested in the observations on racism and the objectification of Asian women in American culture that this film explores.

If you’ve never seen their YouTube page, they’ve got a series of film clips posted there.

I had thought I’d see this when it hit the festival circuit, preferable in the company of fellow adoptees. But maybe it’s better I view it at home alone. That way I won’t be reacting off the reactions of others; it will be more authentic that way. I’m going to be very interested in reading the views of other adoptees on this film. That last line from the trailer; it just haunts me.



I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP