Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cousin's hairdresser who was adopted and is perfectly fine with it ----- step aside

There is a new beauty service professional to take your place:

(brace yourself)


"The Phillipana (sic) woman who does my nails says she WISHES she had been adopted by an American family!"


I delete the ranter emails I occasionally get but just had to share that line.

So now we've got two archetypes of adoption gratitude, both oddly enough females in positions of subservience to other women. Are there any male symbols of adoption joy out there?

4 complaints from ingrates:

Lindsay January 29, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

Hmm, that's really interesting about the subservient jobs --- wonder if there's some sub-conscious feeling of being indebted to people that's carried over in the career choice?

Third Mom January 29, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

George Clooney!

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2009/01/clooney_up_for_adoption.php

DrunkBunny January 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

People who are grateful for being adopted are either trying to make lemonade out of lemons, or they are being influenced by their fear of the unknown.

I hear about the childhoods of my bio brothers and think I may have been slightly better off, but was I? I can rationalize it in my mind and say, "Oh definitely!" because I don't know the results of the other path. But really by doing so, I'm patronizing myself.

Mia January 30, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

I am seriously considering adopting George Clooney. I think I could even overlook the whole "I WISH I were adopted" thing just to be able to say to him; Who's your MOMMA?!

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP