Thursday, January 08, 2009

I have no title for this. Just read it ....

The article isn't breaking down by percentage of mothers/fathers/adoptees, but........

----------------------


As the province prepares for a new era of openness, more than 900 people have formally requested that their personal adoption records remain sealed. Beginning June 1, most adopted adults and birth parents will be able to access information that will help identify each other. But the ministry of community and social services has received 921 disclosure vetoes as of Dec. 31 from people who do not wish this personal information released.


read more | digg story

6 complaints from ingrates:

Harmonygirl January 8, 2009 at 1:43 PM  

Wow. Strange. I find it hard to believe those numbers would respond that way. Maybe it is a misprint?

Third Mom January 8, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

I would like to see a breakdown of those numbers in terms of adoptees and first parents. My guess is that most who have responded in this way are older first parents, but I could be wrong.

This irked me:

"Nine hundred people have taken the trouble to contact the government to file a disclosure veto, basically saying we wish to have our privacy preserved and the confidentiality of these records upheld as we had been promised."

They forgot to add that current laws preserve the privacy of the adoptee from himself or herself.

There's more to this than meets the eye, that's for sure.

Kippa January 8, 2009 at 3:23 PM  

"There's more to this than meets the eye"

In a word, Cavoukian.
Aided and abetted by her winged monkeys.

Lorraine January 8, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

Is this from Ontario? Wherever it's from the officials did a good job in making birth parents (possibly more fathers, we need to know what the score is here) afraid. These numbers are way off. And so are the hearts of those who filed the vetoes or requests.

Fie on them!

Jade January 8, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

this was a load of horse poop..serious negative propaganda and im not sure why.. 900 vetos in a province of 11,410,046 doesnt seem like much and the population of canada is almost 30 million. Seems to me that the headline shouldve read, "Only 900 vetos filed under new Adoption Disclosure Act.

Ungrateful Little Bastard January 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM  

I feel so horrible for anyone who files for their OBC, only to get a denial. I received some info from LookingInOntario that I just posted, but it just dismays me.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP