Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Search for Survivors


While I find this website to be so excruciatingly painful sometimes I can barely read through an entire post, the site now has an added addition of a Youtube channel that, while probably one of the most triggering things you will ever see, I urge you to view.

And I urge you to view it quickly, as Youtube videos such as this have a tendency to disappear. They're bad for business, you know. Please refer to the text under "We're Back" on the Children in Therapy website.

And then I'd beg you to take action. Right now some adoptee, some child in foster care, is experiencing this.

Right now, this is going on.

There are eight simple, simple, simple things you can do to help.

Because as you read this post, right now, this is happening to some child.

Attachment disorder, my ass.

To my point of view, failure to 'attach' to adopters who would subject any child to this kind of bullshit therapy is the most mentally healthy thing any adoptee could do.




3 complaints from ingrates:

Wayward January 25, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Much gratitude, my beloved fellow bastard.

Kippa January 25, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Thanks Theresa. This is just evil.
I will pass it on.

Feinberg (and others) are listed here on Quackwatch:
http://www.quackwatch.org/
01QuackeryRelatedTopics/at.html

"Neil Feinberg is a licensed Social Worker in the State of Colorado whose name is mentioned in the informal "Who's Who" of AT. Feinberg was found, (2000) to have failed to report child abuse within generally accepted standards of practice and has a stipulation against his license for restricted practice. Feinberg also has a previous disciplinary record. (Before the State Board of Social Work Examiners, State of Colorado, 2000)"

maybe January 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Whenever I hear of attachement therapy, my first question is always, "is a child obligated to attach to an adoptive parent?" Apparently, APs and therapists seem to believe they are.

Why? Why must a child be forced to "love?" (which, BTW, I don't think you can force someone to "love", but others seem to believe this is possible and necessary).

Beyond disturbing.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP