Saturday, January 17, 2009

When you come across your thin sister on Facebook who also happens to maybe be the adoptive cousin of an allegedly grateful non-searching adoptee

Subtitled: The Facebook Dilemma - Part 2




No.




Definitely not.



Bad idea.




Really bad idea.





The truth.


5 complaints from ingrates:

Suz January 17, 2009 at 11:13 AM  

I say write her. Of course that comes from a mother that took being banished by her daughter very well so you might not want to listen to me.
hugs.

Third Mom January 17, 2009 at 12:28 PM  

Hard hard stuff. I would be so afraid of giving bad advice that I'll just say that maybe writing right now doesn't feel right to you, but maybe over time you'll find a way to reach out to her.

(((((((hugs)))))))

PS OT - Don't know if it's me or there's some wacky guy playing with Blogger's word verification option, but lately they're all bizarre. Like one day I was eating junk food and the word was "porkin." Yesterday it was the first five letters of the town the particular blog author lives in. And today on yours it's "headsx." I have NO idea what the message is, but it's BIZARRE.

Ungrateful Little Bastard January 17, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

I am SO tempted to change the name of my blog to Porkin Headsx now. Recently I saw something on digg about bizarrely apt captchas.

I know I'll write, but I know too it won't be anytime in the near future. Contact is too emotionally expensive and distracting. Most likely it will be after the demonstration. At least that's what I'm thinking now.

Harmonygirl January 17, 2009 at 3:28 PM  

I love your humor. And I wonder what the statistics are for families who adopt kids also having given up kids to adoption. Had a similar situation about a year ago. You will make contact when ready. There is no right way to do it and it is a crapshoot as to what happens anyway. I called because I had the number. Have had a few interesting word verifications too!

Lisa Kay, Fla January 17, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

Ha-ha. I can SO relate. Even though I haven't actually found a birth relative, I have played with the scenario in my mind.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP