Friday, March 13, 2009

Brought to you from the Society to Encourage Infant Adoption Because Those Older Kids From Foster Care or Orphanages, They're Freaking Scary


ORPHAN trailer in HD



But wait! There's more!

Description:

The tragic loss of their unborn child has devastated Kate and John, taking a toll on both their marriage and Kate’s fragile psyche as she is plagued by nightmares and haunted by demons from her past.

Struggling to regain some semblance of normalcy in their lives, the couple decides to adopt another child.

At the local orphanage, both John and Kate find themselves strangely drawn to a young girl named Esther. Almost as soon as they welcome Esther into their home, however, an alarming series of events begins to unfold, leading Kate to believe that there’s something wrong with Esther—this seemingly angelic little girl is not what she appears to be.

Concerned for the safety of her family, Kate tries to get John and others to see past Esther’s sweet facade. But her warnings go unheeded until it may be too late…for everyone.

9 complaints from ingrates:

maybe March 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Oh, but wasn't Damien adopted at birth? I think he was stolen by the nuns from his unwed mother.

I find the media portrayal of adoption to be very bi-polar. One day everything's coming up roses, the next day adoptees are all crazed loons. They just can't decide if they love adoption or hate it.

Harmonygirl March 13, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

Hmmm. Something about this actually makes me like the kid! She ain't puttin up with this adoption shit for nothin'. Orphan Baby should be the sequel with a cute Baby wanting his mother and OBC and taking down legislators in his path with his evil powers! Media does have the power to change people's minds and what the hell; we older adoptees will just have to make some sacrifices so there won't be a next generation of adoptees. I know, I know, not fair to portray us as bad, but the power sure is seductive!!!

Ungrateful Little Bastard March 14, 2009 at 11:49 AM  

My bi-polar love for and irritation with evil adoptees movies is my dirty little secret.

joy March 14, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

I was a BadSeed too, and I was adopted as an infant.

Ungrateful Little Bastard March 14, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

Oh most definitely me too. My bad seediness had a late germination period of about 12-13 years, although I still maintain it was a sane reaction to the insanity of secrecy.

Jane March 18, 2009 at 11:52 PM  

OMFG I am BEYOND OUTRAGED
You know , everytime I see a movie, series where it turns out that the pyschopathic killer was adopted, I Cringe, it maks me feel that adoption is so very stereotyped to ALL ADOPTEES Being total nutters, but this film is OUTRAGEOUS
Of course I love a good horror flick with evil in , so i'll be sure to watch it when it comes to Oz ;) Lol guess it must be the Adoptee in me *rolls eyes*

I wonder if Esther will die at the end ? or spend eternity in a straight jacket doped to the eyeballs? some days I think thats preferable ;) when I'm having my bad adoptee day

Wayward April 7, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

Too disgusted for words to articulate an appropriately scathing response to that piece of pseudo-intellectual Hollywood trash.

But then again, words can also not describe the lurve I have for you for coming up with "Bastardpiece theater." I'm such an inarticulate little orphan-cum-sociopath. ♥

Wayward April 7, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Also! ULB, you really are remiss in your analysis! Tsk tsk. Remember- infant orphans can be JUST as horrible and sociopathic as older ones. ALL adoptees are damaged goods and would-be murderers, and anyone who believes otherwise is most obviously a benighted fool!

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP