Thursday, June 18, 2009

Inhuman Benefits

So anyway on Facebook this morning, I was wondering about that dude in "Journey of the Adopted Self" who took that six months sick leave because he found search so threatening.

Just where did this guy work? Is there some adoptee-owned company out there that offers this as standard in their benefit package? If so, can I get a job there?

My search is done but frankly, I just find adoption so threatening, I really could use some time off from work too.

I'm just saying.

4 complaints from ingrates:

triona June 18, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Check your HR guidelines, it's part of the "Adoptee Sabbatical" package alongside days off to attend demonstrations and meet with legislators. Oh, wait, wishful thinking...!

Actually I would guess he found a sympathetic psychiatrist who was willing to write him a note that he needed the time off for mental health reasons. Of course in today's economy if we tried to pull that stunt we might risk getting fired. Seems like employers are much less sympathetic to sick employees right now, whether mental or physical. I just love the way companies (and governments!) offer benefits and monetary compensation to people adopting kids, but not to adoptees trying to figure it all out after the fact...

Ungrateful Little Bastard June 21, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Yeah the sympathetic shrink angle what I was thinking too. I was re-watching 'Lost' the other day seeing the bastard John character taking disability leave for depression after he had been found and duped by his parents. I was think, hmmmm.... now that just wouldn't fly with the NY state disability review board.

Rebecca July 3, 2009 at 8:29 PM  

I don't need time off just from work. How about time off from life? From the expectations. Ever since I was chosen for being a healthy, white, female infant, the expectations have been there. I've missed reading you. Thanks for understanding the blackness I have inside, even though we live thousands of miles apart in real life. Much love, Rebecca

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP