Monday, August 31, 2009

Identifying information at time of adoption?

Was identifying information on your original name or the name of your first parents made available to your adoptive parents, or made available to you by a third party such as the lawyer who handled your adoption? This happened occasionally in private adoptions.

If so, please consider notifying Pam

Editing to add: Also, if you are an adoptive parent in a closed adoption who received identifying information, please consider participating as well.

3 complaints from ingrates:

Fuzzy Oranges September 1, 2009 at 9:37 AM  

Will do. Note Kurtz was notorious for giving adoptive parents identifying information. In one case, they even left the hospital arm band on the infant that listed the mothers full name and DOB. When adoptive parents picked up baby at airport, they got on plane and noticed the band was on the babys wrist.

In other cases, the profiles of the mothers were given to the adoptive parents that listed the moms full name and dob.

And in my own personal case, I was given a hand written profile of my daughters adoptive parents that had their last name on it! I never told the agency and kept it for 18 years until I could legally find her (ha). I was not sure it was her name amended name but alas, it turned out it was.

SDP September 7, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

I don't think so, since my b-parents names are whited out on the original file. However, with time, white out seems to lose its potency, so you can hold it up to light and clearly see at least my b-mother's name. I can't read my b-father's name though. The white out is strong there!

Very effective privacy-enforcing measures =]

Heather September 14, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

I noticed quite a few searchers on Yahoo answers who say their Adoptive parents were given identifying information. I've tried to email some of them but some don't allow email - prolly don't want to be beaten with the 'ungrateful' stick by the yahooligans :(

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP