Wednesday, December 16, 2009

But wait! There's more!

As if, between The Locator and Find My Family and last week's 'Lost Children' on 20/20, you haven't had enough adoption on TV, check out this snip of adoptodrama in today's NY Post about a new show on Investigation Discovery premiering tomorrow night - "The Will - Family Secrets Revealed":

First up: the battle over the estate left by 73-year-old Kitty Tipton-Oakes, widow of a famous jazz musician.

In 2006, Kitty, who suffered from dementia, died without a will, leaving an estate worth 300 Gs, which was to be sorted out among three missing adopted sons (two of whom hadn't spoken to her in 25 years), after paying fees to a guardian and a lawyer who happened to also represent a paranoid schizophrenic patient who may have been Kitty's only actual birth child who no one knew about.

Read the rest at the NY Post

I remember reading about this story in the news last year.

You so know I'll be watching...

3 complaints from ingrates:

Joan M Wheeler December 19, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Trying again to reach you!

Haven't been watching TV lately, instead, I have purchased a website and it is all ready for some real visitors and comments! Please update my link on your site to: http://forbiddenfamily.com

Your new site looks great! But I miss the blue girl at the glass...that was so perfect!


Bring your wit and charm over to my place and we can exchange some great quips!

legitimatebastard
halforphan56
Joan M Wheeler

Amanda December 19, 2009 at 7:23 PM  

The Will was the strangest adoption story ever! They were no doubt "baby scooped" but somehow, that issue was skimmed over to talk about money instead.

Ungrateful Little Bastard December 20, 2009 at 9:56 AM  

@Joan - apologies for the delay in updating my link to your new site! And thanks, I liked the drowning girl, but I felt it was time for a change.

@Amanda - I would really like someday to hear more about the adoption angle of this story. I know they needed to focus on the inheritance issues but there is a whole other story left to be told there. Definitely scooped, and black market to boot.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP