Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Simple Life

OK so I tried to do that password-protect blogger post thingy, but I couldn't get the line breaks to work so I had just one big chunk of text. And I hate that. So I threw it over here instead. Hit me up at any of the familiar places if you want the password. Alternately, if you know how to do that password-protect blogger post thingy and still get multiple paragraphs to display properly, lemme know.

In other news, I had briefly considered playing hooky from XMas to stay home and start Joan's book Forbidden Family, but then I actually did get a sore throat and fever. So I spent XMas reading, drinking tons of tea, and watching horror movies. It was blissful.

Cheer up, holiday-hating bastids. We got two down and only one left before the trifecta of terror otherwise known as Thanksgiving/XMas/New Years is over and we can breathe a sigh of relief.  Me personally, I always have a mid-blip in mid-January for the Feast of the Inaccurate Conception, but still once January 2nd rolls around, I know I've successfully survived another one.

Hey, speaking of January 2nd, just a quick reminder that if you're up north, I really hope you'll drop by OBCforME's little shindig they've got going in Portland for the anniversary of Maine adoptee rights.  I really wanted to go, but you know, I still have that whole unemployed thing going on. Bloody economy.


10 complaints from ingrates:

Heather December 26, 2009 at 12:53 PM  

To get the line breaks (or other formatting), instead of copying just the text, you have to copy/add in the html codes. I can't remember now if it was [p] or [/br] that I finally got to work. (It wouldn't let me use the <> there, but you know what I mean.) If it encrypts all of the html code, then it shows up correctly on your blog.

Ungrateful Little Bastard December 26, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

Aha, thanks. I believe I had tried it with just a simple [br] but I'll play around with the [p] -- thanks again!

GooseBreeder January 4, 2010 at 2:25 AM  

Hope you got through.Sounds like a great Christmas, seriously!

Lillie January 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM  

We made it through! The holidays are over!! I need the :yay: smilie!!!

Nina January 17, 2010 at 1:56 PM  

Hi ULB! Catching up after a long, unintended absence from the whole narcissistic parent/adoption thing.

So what horror movies did you see and like...horror being my favorite genre...probably b/c they are just a bit scarier than my childhood..har!h

Ooo...the word verification today was "hater"....talk about cosmic!

Ungrateful Little Bastard January 18, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

Goose & Lillie - yes, we made it!!

And !!!Nina!!! so good to see you.

I've been in a South Korean horror phase lately. Horror is my fave too :)

Nina January 20, 2010 at 10:48 PM  

ULB...Mmm...SOUTH KOREAN HORROR! No way...I love Asian horror flicks. Is the original Eye So. Korean.
LOVED The Host, although that's more monsterish.

Ungrateful Little Bastard January 21, 2010 at 9:57 AM  

I do too, it's the best horror. US horror has become so predictable. I'm a snob, I admit it.

The Eye was a remake of 'Gin gwai' which was from HK and about a zillion times scarier :)

Solim February 19, 2010 at 10:00 AM  

Hi there,

Just changed the url of my blog from www.searchingforsolim.blogspot.com to www.solimswalkinthepark.blogspot.com. in case you were wondering. I reformatted it and gave it a makeover.

Love your blog, by the way.
Solim

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP