Thursday, May 27, 2010

It's adorable to be a brood mare

Banal, stupid and insipid people -- they are everywhere.

No place is this more apparent than Facebook.

And when the banal, stupid and insipid get together, they make fan pages.

A lovely new one getting attention is "Birth Mom Missions", where the debate between those who are just turning cartwheels with joy over giving away their babies and those who feel a little less gleeful about the whole thing is heating up.

But really, just how much can you debate with a mother who lists this little nugget as a shining moment of adoption bliss:

"And your (sic) gonna love this one....my daughter was adopted into a fam with a little boy already...he called me "the baby maker" and he wanted to see if I could make him another one too. I thought it was adorable...cause it was. In the non-politically correct world of a child, it was just as he said it was. He got a sister he always wanted, that was all that mattered to him. And I am glad."

10 complaints from ingrates:

Suz Bednarz May 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

I just vomitted a little in my mouth.

maybe May 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM  

Looks like Mirah tracked down some info about the founder of this group:

See her comments:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5893872&id=80134589044&comments

And the Birth Mom Missions site:
http://www.birthmommissions.com/web/supportus/ways-to-help/index.html

maybe May 27, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

In her comments the founder goes on and on about how awful her experience was, yet she still thinks adoption is the cat's meow. I'm always flabbergasted by these birth mothers who think they can somehow take the stink off adoption. Kelsey Stewart is another one who tries to do to this. It's werid, to say the least. Although on the website I can see that religion factors heavily into the "mission" so that might be a partial explanation.

Birth mothers as apologists for adoption...gross.

Denise May 27, 2010 at 2:42 PM  

In the words of Mark Twain,

"Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Advice this dimwit should have heeded.

Denise

joy May 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

My head is spinning. I just read over there that God gave Jesus to Joseph for adoption because he couldn't raise him.

God hadn't finished college yet? God was too immature to stand by Mary?

It makes me feel slightly high and that is not altogether a bad thing.

Margie May 28, 2010 at 2:12 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margie May 28, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

You know, as I read my comment, it occurs to me that honestly, this isn't something I should even comment about, hence I'm removing that first one.

BethGo May 30, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

All I can think is EWWWWWWW!
That is my gut reaction.

Part of this for me isn't even about adoption but about feminism and what it means to be a woman and a mother in this day and age. There is nothing "adorable" about any of this.

It's all just very scary at this point.

Robin June 10, 2010 at 12:38 AM  

They finally banned me. These female children of denial have really over-imbibed the Kool Aid. I keep wondering just what they think is so cool about feeling unfit and inadequate to raise their own child? And as for the religious aspect, Lord, save me from your followers, please. The anti-choice contingent is well represented at BMB.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP