Wednesday, August 25, 2010

There can be only one

Originally posted at AAAFC, reposting here because moving makes me cranky and bitching is good for the complexion


Via email:

Dear Theresa,

I am working for the communication department of (retracted because I'm being nice) and I am currently opening an account on its behalf on Twitter. I found out that the name ULB was already taken and I allow myself to contact you just to check a few things with you. I would like to know what the name ULB means to you because I haven't seen any connections between this acronym and your name or your activities on adoptee rights. We would like very much to use this name as it stands for our (retracted because I'm being nice). Do you think it might be possible that you give it to us? I know it's quite a strange request but I'd rather ask, just in case it is possible. I thank you in advance for your concern and look forward to hearing from you.



And my reply, because I wasn't feeling so nice:

ULB is a name I have used for a long time and is very much known in the adoption blogging community. While the Twitter feed may be sporadically updated now, it's my identity. No, you can't use it.

Seriously... asking an adoptee to give up their identity?

Not cool.


For the importance and reclaiming of acronyms, be sure to visit Addie, who not only KAD's as a NCFA, she'll also kick my ass if I don't get my reunion piece into her Pieces of Reunion book.

Did you get yours in yet?

3 complaints from ingrates:

Addie Pray August 26, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

Taking some time out from practicing my jab and roundhouse kicks to thank you Theresa.

Nathaniel Christopher August 28, 2010 at 10:27 PM  

Ooh! What'd they say back to you? Inquiring and impatient minds wish to know! :D

Ungrateful Little Bastard August 29, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

Nuthin'. What could they say, really? :)

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP